Two of my cell group ladies (thanks AB and K) and I baked for an event for our church. I baked the lolli cookies and am going to explain the steps using the photos that I have taken.
First we start with the recipe.
Makes approx. 22 cookies
113g unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tsp pure vanilla
1 large egg white
213g plus 4 Tbsp organic unbleached flour
1/2 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Put butter and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until creamy. Mix in vanilla and egg white. Reduce speed to low. Add flour and salt; mix until combined.
2. Divide the dough into 3 equal parts. One part dough as the original color, one part dough mix in red coloring and one part dough mix in green coloring. Wrap the colored dough individually in cling wrap and place in the fridge for 30 min, to rest the dough.
3. After 30 min, take the dough out and using a teaspoon to measure out a portion of each of the color.
4. Follow the pictures below for the details of forming the lolli cookies.
5. Bake for 22 min and insert a skewer into the cookies when they are still warm out of the oven (have to work fast though).
Then cool on the cooling rack. Store in air tight container once cooled.
They not only looked good but also tasted good too (as per the kids who got them).
|Final presentation of the cookies|
To be in the loop, click 'like' on Facebook: