This bake was by far the simplest, both in terms of effort as well as ingredients. You basically just need 1, one, uno ingredient, Parmigiano Reggiano cheese. Since it is the only ingredient, get your hands on wedge of good quality cheese, it will make a great difference in taste.
The cheese was sprinkled with ground mixed peppers, poppy seeds, black sesame seeds or pine nuts to create different textures and flavors that paired well with the cheese chips. ;p
|Mixed Peppers Cheese Chips|
These cheese chips were crunchy and I loved the lacey patterns formed after the chips were baked. They are delicious eaten on their own or visually fun decorated on salads.
|Black Sesame Cheese Chips|
Parmigiano Regianno Cheese Chips
(makes 10, 5 cm round chips)
70g Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, finely grated
1/2 tsp black sesame
1/2 tsp mixed peppers
1/2 tsp poppy seeds
1/2 tsp pine nuts
Steps to cheese chips
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grate cheese finely using a zester or a food processor.
- Place the baking paper on the baking tray and assemble the bake right on the baking tray.
- Place a 5cm ring mould on the baking paper, scoop 1 1/2 tsp of cheese into the mould and spread it as evenly as you can (it need not be perfect).
- Take a pinch of any of the topping and sprinkle over the cheese.
- Lift the mould and repeat the steps until all the cheese is used up.
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the edge of the chips are lightly brown.
- Place the baking tray on a cooling rack to cool. Once cooled, the cheese chips will harden and keep the chips in air tight container.
|Pine Nut Cheese Chips|
You can find me on