Chocolate-y, crunchy, salty, nutty and sweetish bar of goodness to end the week.
A bar of goodness that is filled with flavanols, from the 70% cacao chocolate and monounsaturated fats, from the hazelnuts, pistachio and almonds added to the chocolate swirls. The sprinkling of sea salt not only bring in another dimension of taste, it also helps to bring out the complex sweetness from the chocolate and nuts.
This chocolate bark is not at all sweet but the richness from the chocolate and the crunch from the flavorful nuts will leave you not missing the sugar.
Swirly Sea Salt Chocolate Nut Bark
(serves 6 - 8)
200g dark chocolate (I used Callebaut's 70% cacao chocolate chip)
200g white chocolate (I used Callebaut's white chocolate chip)
1 tsp sea salt
15g hazelnut, roasted
15g pistachio, roasted
15g silvered almonds, roasted
Steps to chocolate bark:
- Line a 16cm by 20cm baking tray with baking paper.
- Melt dark and white chocolate separately in heatproof bowls over a double boiler or in a microwave.
- Add 1/2 tsp of sea salt to the melted dark chocolate and stir through the chocolate.
- Spread the nuts evenly on the baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Drizzle the melted dark chocolate randomly over the nuts then follow by drizzling the white chocolate over the mixture.
- Sprinkle evenly the other 1/2 tsp of sea salt over the mixture.
- Drag a toothpick or a butter knife through the mixture to create the swirls of the chocolate.
- Place the baking tray in the fridge for at least 30 minutes for the chocolate to set.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the chocolate bark into desired size pieces.
- Store the bark in airtight containers in the fridge.
Share the recipe: