Blueberries are on sale in the supermarket recently. I picked up a few boxes to have with my breakfast cereal and used one box to bake this blueberries muffins. Blueberries is one of the super fruit with very high antioxidants and lots of vitamins.
These muffins turned out soft, tender and bursting with blueberries. The fragrance from the lemon zest brightens the smell of the muffins. You just can't go wrong with this combination. I changed out the sour cream used in the original recipe with Greek yoghurt, thus making it healthier.
Blueberries Muffins (makes 10)
107g organic unbleached all purpose flour (ordinary all purpose flour will work too)
36g cake flour
30 ml vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
29g butter, melted
89g plain Greek yoghurt, unsweetened and unflavored
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tbsp baking powder
3/4 tsp homemade vanilla essence/ any vanilla essence
zest of 1 lemon
3/4 cup fresh blueberries (frozen should work too)
1 1/2 tbsp coarse sugar, topping optional
- Preheat oven to 180 degree Celsius. Prepare line muffin cups with 10 liners.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, lightly beat together oil, butter, vanilla, lemon zest, eggs and yoghurt.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With mixer turn to low speed, slowly add in the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Remove bowl from mixer and fold in gently the blueberries. Scoop batter to 2/3 full into each muffin cup and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
- Place into oven and bake for 22 - 24 min or until golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 min in the pan before removing them to completely cool on a cooling rack.
To be in the loop, click 'like' on Facebook:
|Zest of one lemon|
|Line muffin pan|
|Lightly beaten mixture of oil, butter, vanilla, lemon zest, eggs and yoghurt.|
|Fill each muffin liner to 2/3 full|
|Sprinkle coarse sugar on top of the muffin|
|After 22 min in the oven|