Since I was unable to bake her a Pooh bear cake, I went on to make her Pooh bear and his best friend, Tigger, shaped cookies. ;)
Vanilla Butter Cookies
426g organic unbleached flour (any all purpose flour will do)
1/2 tsp salt
227g butter, room temperature
1 large egg
2 tsp vanilla paste
- Sift flour into a bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar till light and fluffy using a mixer.
- Add egg and beat till incorporated. Add vanilla till mixed in.
- Lower speed of mixer and add flour. Mix until there is no streak of flour on the side and bottom of the mixing bowl.
- Wrap the dough in cling wrap and let it rest in the fridge for 1 hour. At this step, you can freeze the dough if you decide not to make the cookies. Dough can be frozen for up to 2 weeks.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- After 1 hour, roll dough out to 2 cm thick and cut into any shape you want. Place the dough on baking paper and bake for 12 - 16 min or till edge of cookies is golden brown.
These cookies are best eaten with a cup of English tea or coffee or on its own :)
To be in the loop, click 'like' on Facebook: